After a hectic few days with little sleep, The App Design Handbook, iOS 7 Edition is finally here.
We are running a 24 hour sale. After that the prices will go up so now is a great time to buy it and share it with your friends or convince your boss to get the team license ($200 off right now).
Get it now >>
I promise that this book, which I co-authored with Nathan Barry, is the very best book on iOS 7 app design there is… Though I admit that it is the only iOS 7 app design book there is right now so that isn’t quite as bold as it sounds.
But I can definitely say this is my most comprehensive work of teaching I’ve ever done and I am really excited to finally get it into your hands.
We have been absolutely blown away from the response from the community. Here are a few examples:
“Concrete guide to fantastic software design.”
- Loren Brichter, Tweetie and Letterpress
“I read the whole book last night – I liked it a lot! I am thrilled that there is finally a definitive guide for crafting excellent iOS user experiences, and it’s now up to date for iOS 7. Excellent work on this. I am excited to recommend it.”
- Joel Levin, Storehouse (formerly Apple)
“Lots of people ask me how they can get started building iOS apps. Start here.”
- Seth Clifford, Nickelfish
- Justin Williams, Second Gear
I couldn’t be more flattered. I owe it to all the fine folks who helped out on the book including Nathan Barry (for being an incredible co-author and self-publishing genius), my dad Todd (editing), Nathan’s mom (editing), Christain Billings (graphics and web), my sister Sarah (video editing), and my dear wife Mindy (videography and photography).
And also I wanted to extend a huge thanks to all the amazing folks who gave me so much of their valuable time to be interviewed by me and share their incredible insights:
- Mark Kawano—Former Senior Designer and User Experience Evangelist at Apple, founder at Storehouse
- Rene Ritchie— Editor-in-chief, iMore.com
- Marc Edwards—Founder and Lead Designer at Bjango (iStat, Skala)
- Ellis Hamburger—Reporter at the Verge
- Michael Flarup—Founder and Lead Designer at Robocat (Haze, Thermo, Outside)
- Julian Walker—Director of Software Engineering and Co-Founder at FiftyThree
- Harold Emsheimer—Co-Founder and Interface Designer at Overcommitted (Recall, Entries)
- Shane Crawford—Founder of Blue Lightning Labs (Mathemagics)
- Denys Zhadanov—Marketing Director at Readdle (Calendars, Printer Pro, PDF Expert)